Cristo Rey Baton Rouge Franciscan High School offers a unique, top quality, college preparatory education to students from families with limited financial resources. Students of all faiths and denominations are invited to apply.
- Cristo Rey was founded for students who desire a college preparatory Catholic education but who could not otherwise afford one. Financial need is the first criteria for admission and is decided on a case-by-case basis, using Cristo Rey Network guidelines. A copy of the most recent tax return, W-2 and any state aid documents must be submitted with your application so that your student can be pre-qualified. If you do not file taxes, you must submit an employment letter and any state aid documents to show income earned in the last calendar year.
Corporate Work Study Program Employability
- The student must be at least 14 years old, on or before September 30, 2018. A copy of the student’s proof of age should be submitted with your application to verify age before continuing the admissions process.
- All accepted students will need to provide appropriate legal documentation to complete an I-9 for the work permit (an original birth certificate, social security card).
- Students must have solid grades, showing a strong work ethic and excellent attendance at their current school.
- Students are required to take an entrance exam. Once an application is submitted and qualified financially, the Admissions Office will schedule the student for the exam.
- Qualified students and their parents/guardians will be contacted for an interview once their admissions file is complete.
- Our admissions process is open to incoming 9th graders. We do not accept transfer students. Exceptions to this rule are considered for students in good academic and disciplinary standing, who are transferring from another Cristo Rey school.
- Cristo Rey has limited ability to offer services for students with 504’s, IEPs and other special needs. However, all applicant files are reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the Admissions Committee to determine if we have the capacity to serve the student.
- All students must be up to date on their immunizations and provide a copy of their immunization records. No exemptions will be accepted. All students must be immunized.
- Students agree to attend the mandatory Intensive Training.
Cristo Rey Baton Rouge Franciscan High School admits students of any gender, race, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities made available at the school. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, or ethnic origin in the administration of our educational policies related to tuition assistance, athletics and other school-administered programs.
Nondiscriminatory Policy: Cristo Rey Baton Rouge Franciscan High School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, program and activities generally accorded or made available to the students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, and athletic or other school-administered programs.